Some F.A.Q about Pro Tools11 answered:
1) Will Pro Tools 11 support the 192 H/W interface?
Avid didn't do anything to stop it from working on PT11 but they haven't tested it either. It should run fine but Avid is no longer supporting it or testing it.
2) Does the New Offline Bounce to Disk feature work with external Hardware?
No, this new feature only works with Native AAX plug-ins.
3) What about the HEAT plug-ins and the new Offline Bounce to Disk feature?
In the background the DSP Heat plug-ins will switch to native plug-ins to perform the Offline Bounce to Disk task then switch back to the DSP format once it's done.
4) Will my PT11 session open on a PT10 system or do I need to downgrade it using Save Copy in?
Yes, PT11 sessions will open in PT10 without the need to downgrade them.
5) Does Pro Tools 11 support RTAS plug-ins?
No Pro Tools 11 only supports the AAX plug-ins format.
6) Is it true that you can have both PT10 and PT11 installed on your system?
Yes, with Pro Tools 11, Avid is giving you the ability to have both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools11 versions installed on the same system. This way if you need for example to use third party plug-ins that are still not available in AAX format, you can quit your PT11 and open PT10 that supports those plug-ins.
8) What about the Freeze Track option? Did Avid forget about it?
With the new Offline Bounce To Disk feature, Avid suggests that you Bounce offline your track and re-import it back in, then make your original track inactive (Ctrl+Command and Click on the Track Type Icon in the Mix Window).
7) Am I eligible for a free upgrade?
You are eligible for a free upgrade only if you have purchased you Pro Tools 10 software on the 7th of April 2013 but not before.
8) What is the cost of the upgrade?
From PT10 to PT11: $299
From PT9 to PT11: $399
From PT M-powered to PT11: $499
From PTHD10 to PTHD11: $599
From PTHD9 to PTHD11: $999
9) What about the software price?
Special student's price: $295
However, the upgrade policy for major upgrades for students is no longer free of charge. It will be from now on for $99.